General Voting Information

Not sure whether you live in Area E?

Check out this map. If you still aren’t sure, phone the SCRD at (604) 885-6805 and ask.

Who do I vote for?

Area E residents vote for the following:

New to the Area?

If you are not on the voters list, you register at the poll on voting day. You will need at least two pieces of ID, one with your signature. Picture ID is not required. If the ID does not show your current address, you can still make a sworn declaration of your place of residence. There is a list of acceptable ID on the SCRD’s Elections page.
You must be:
  • 18 years of age or older on October 20, 2018; and
  • a Canadian citizen; and
  • a resident of BC for at least 6 months; and
  • a resident of the Electoral Area E for at least 30 days; and
  • not disqualified from 
voting in an election by law.

See full Voting Information for the SCRD.

What if I’m not a full time resident?

Non-resident property owners may vote here, as well as voting in their home municipality where they’re on the voters list. Here’s the procedure.

  • Fill out this FORM and take it to the polling station on election day (or the advance poll).
  • You will need 2 pieces of ID (such as a drivers license and credit card) AND a proof that you are the property owner, such as your last Property Tax Notice.
  • Only ONE PERSON can vote per property.  If you own the property jointly, the other owner(s) must fill out a consent form, showing which person is the one who will register to vote.  That form is also at the above link.

NEW this year:  Mail In Ballots

If you will be off coast during the election or you have difficulty getting to the polling station, you have the option of voting by mail. You must fill out an application form for a mail in ballot and return it to the SCRD.

The SCRD will send mail ballots to those who requested them around October 1. Voters mail the ballots back. They must be received by 8:00 p.m. on October 20.

For details, see the SCRD’s Elections page.