Not sure whether you live in Area E?
Check out this map. If you still aren’t sure, phone the SCRD at (604) 885-6805 and ask.
Who do I vote for?
Area E residents vote for the following:
- ONE Area E Director for the SCRD
- THREE School Board Trustees for School District 46
New to the Area?
- 18 years of age or older on October 20, 2018; and
- a Canadian citizen; and
- a resident of BC for at least 6 months; and
- a resident of the Electoral Area E for at least 30 days; and
- not disqualified from voting in an election by law.
See full Voting Information for the SCRD.
What if I’m not a full time resident?
Non-resident property owners may vote here, as well as voting in their home municipality where they’re on the voters list. Here’s the procedure.
- Fill out this FORM and take it to the polling station on election day (or the advance poll).
- You will need 2 pieces of ID (such as a drivers license and credit card) AND a proof that you are the property owner, such as your last Property Tax Notice.
- Only ONE PERSON can vote per property. If you own the property jointly, the other owner(s) must fill out a consent form, showing which person is the one who will register to vote. That form is also at the above link.
NEW this year: Mail In Ballots
If you will be off coast during the election or you have difficulty getting to the polling station, you have the option of voting by mail. You must fill out an application form for a mail in ballot and return it to the SCRD.
The SCRD will send mail ballots to those who requested them around October 1. Voters mail the ballots back. They must be received by 8:00 p.m. on October 20.
For details, see the SCRD’s Elections page.